The Ajax Garden Club monthly meeting takes place next Thursday, June 15th at The Legion Hall, 111 Hunt St., Ajax.
Doors will open at 6:45, the meeting will start promptly at 7:30.
If you have items to show please be sure they are in place as soon after 7pm as possible. Judging will begin at 7:15.
Our guest speaker is Richard Dickinson, The Wild Garden (Cannington) and a published author. His topic, “So Many Weeds … So Little Time” will be made far more interactive and interesting if you bring a specimen of your problem weed (or email him a photo of any mystery-maybe weeds you are curious about, ahead of the meeting, to email@example.com.
JUNE SHOW SCHEDULE
Division I – HORTICULTURAL
Section A – Specimens
- Aquilegia (Columbine) – any variety, any colour, 3 stems
- Clematis – stem or vine, not to exceed 15″ any colour
- Fern – 1 variety, 3 fronds.
- Heuchera (Coral Bells) – any cultivar, 1 spike.
- Hosta Leaf: medium- any cultivar, 2
- Hosta Leaf: large- any cultivar, 1 stem
- Hosta Leaf: small or miniature- any cultivar, 3stems
- Lilac – any colour, 1 branch, max. length 18″.
- Rose – any colour, 1 bloom or spray.
- Any other Perennial.
- Any other Flowering Shrub/tree (excl. Lilac) – 1 branch, max. length 24″.
Section B – Fruit, Vegetables & Herbs
12. Rhubarb any cultivar, 3 stems on a plate
13. Collection – 3-5 different herbs, 1 stem of each cultivar, 1 container with water, named.
Division II – DESIGN – THEME: “Life Outdoors”
14. “How Does Your Garden Grow?” – design incorporating a gardening tool.
15. “Pick & Plunk” – plant material picked and plunked into a container of choice. Keep it simple.
Division III – PHOTOGRAPHY
Exhibiting Criteria: Photos must have been taken by the exhibitor during the past 24 months.
16. “Look what I saw” – an unusual plant/design/location that made you stop.
SEE YOU NEXT WEEK!