Our October meeting will be held next Thursday the 20th at 7:30.
The speaker is Matthew Dressing, and his topic will be “Putting our Gardens to Bed”.
FLOWER SHOW CATEGORIES
Division I – Horticultural
- Chrysanthemum – 1 spray, any cultivar.
- Dahlia – 1 bloom, any cultivar.
- Hydrangea – 1 bloom, any cultivar.
- Perennial Ornamental Grass – 3 stems of 1 cultivar.
- Rose – 1 bloom or spray, any variety.
- Sedum – 1 stem.
- Any other flowering annual or perennial excluding above named) – 1 specimen / stem.
- Any shrub grown for colour – 1 specimen, 1 stem or branch not to exceed 24″.
- Seeded stem – 1 stem, max length 18″, in container with no water.
Division II – DESIGN THEME: “Harvest Time”
- “Hallowe’en” – pumpkin design.
- “Feast for the Eyes” – harvest-themed centrepiece, using vegetables and fruits.
- “Trick or Treat” – design using orange.
- “Gone to Seed” – faded beauty from the garden.
Division III – CULINARY
- Anything made with apples.
- Anything made with pumpkin.
Special Class – PHOTOGRAPHY
Send in your favourite horticulture photographs from 2022.
We will have a digital show of them at the meeting and these pictures will be considered for the 2023 Yearbook and/or Bookmark images.
- Digital pictures (jpg format please).
- Maximum of 3 pictures per member.
- Image must have been photographed by the member.
- You may submit pictures previously submitted to our 2022 Virtual Show Offs.
- Send pictures to WebmasterAjaxGardenClub@gmail.com.